Beta 3.0.11 is available for you to try out

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.

Postby -default » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 am

A new beta, version 3.0.11, is available which fixes several problems, mostly related to Vista and CS4:
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/

*  The installer now finds the Plug-in folder correctly on Vista systems.
    * Newly created shadow and highlight pins are correctly enabled on CS4.
    * A CS4 related problem that prevented Curvemeister's preview image window from updating has been fixed.

There are two links for the beta.  Be sure to download the version that corresponds to your serial number.  If you have a lower case serial number download the "Elements Only" version.

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Ah, always new updates to play with.  Thanks, Mike, I needed something else to do.  :)  CM is working just fine in CS4 32-bit but I'm anxious for the 64-bit version to see the light, too.  What I'm currently doing is opening all images in Bridge which is set to send everything to ACR where I do my initial tweaks (exposure, alignment, etc.).  The image is then saved back to the disk and I decide if I need CM adjustments or not.  If so, it gets opened in CS4 32-bit, if not it goes straight into CS4 64-bit.  The 64-bit CS4 is quite a bit faster on my high-end system (just built it a few months ago) than the 32-bit version, so I'm eager for CM-64, but I can at least use CM in 32-bit and then open in 64-bit if needed, although by that time there isn't much left to do in 64 that is of any advantage, timewise.

Postby -default » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:47 am

Hi Mike,

Yes, I'm eager for 64 bit as well, and at this point it's on the front burner.  The 3.0.11, and now the 3.0.12, releases have been higher priority, since they addressed two important bugs that were affecting Vista and CS4. 

I now have the hardware and development tools in place to make it happen - now it's time for the "knitting" needed to get things compiling in the new environment, and tested.  Bit of a jump, but on the other side will be a definitive solution for folks with > 150 Mb images. 

I have not noticed much of a performance jump with 64 bit PS.  OTOH, I have not done any careful benchmarking - it's mainly an issue of handling larger images.

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”