The Curvemeister class is being taught at Eclectic Acadamy March 9

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.

Postby -default » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:00 pm

There is no specific time on line, in the sense of everyone being there at once.  There is a discussion group, similar to this one, and a sort of social feeling to it all. 

Sara gets a nice energy going with her classes, and the experience is very pleasant, a sort of group exploration where you discuss other people's work, and vice versa.

After the week's assignment is made available (as a web page or pdf), you read the materials and do each image.  Then you post back to the group with pointers to your images, and students discuss their work. 

The amount of time depends on what you want to put in - There are generally about 7 examples, with some of them being simple (a few minutes tops), and others being more difficult (10 or 20 minutes). I'd say two or three hours a week if you're starting out.  Sometimes people get very involved in the new concepts, trying out different combinations, and can spend more time than that - an hour on one image - but that's unusual.

Postby -default » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 pm

To enroll in the class, click on the link below and click on the "Enroll Now" button that appears after the class.
http://www.eclecticacademy.com/newclasses.htm#curvem

I had to do a double take, because the button doesn't highlight when you move the mouse over it.  I've included a screen shot below this message.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks, Mike.  This was just what I needed to know, not having taken an online course before.  Just FYI, this board has a link to "Show new replies to your posts."  I have been clicking on that since I posted yesterday to see if you or anyone else had replied.  For some reason, that link was not working for me, but I was able to find your reply when I searched through the different sub-forums that I thought I might have posted on.

Thanks again.  You do a GREAT job of keeping this forum feeling like a real community.

Rhonda

Postby -default » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi Rhonda,

Glad that answered your question.

I've found the "Show new replies" button to be unreliable.  "Notify", on the other hand has been pretty good about sending me emails when someone replies.  It sends you an email with a link that you click to get back to the reply, and I use it a lot.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:59 am

Good luck with the class - it's sure to be a winner.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 pm

As Promised...

The class is running along nicely, so far there has been fewer comments and less interaction.
I think it is all so new that the students are unsure as to what they can or should be posting.

We are about to head into week two where the problems get tougher and the need for help will increase...
Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Greg,
thanks!

We waiting on the progress!

Frits

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”