Curvemeister 3 shipped on Oct 22

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.

Postby -default » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:29 pm

Greetings!  Curvemeister 3 shipped today

We're very excited about the new features, which include Masks, Color Worms, and an incredible new user interface.  You will also be pleasantly surprised at our upgrade pricing and policy.

New features:
http://curvemeister.com/wiki/index.php?title=Curvemeister_3

Demo version:
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cmdemo/index.html

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:00 am

Very exciting! I'm very impressed. It may take me awhile to learn the best ways to use all those new features. OK, the ribbon bar might be a quick study.

The new features that stand out and make me want to start experimenting are:

Hilite Curve
Color Worms
Contrast Pinning

I can see Color Statistics are very useful when you do need them, but I probably won't use them that often.

It looks like fun. I'll let you know.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:03 am

Do the old Pin files, like the Paint Chip Pins, work with CM3? Is there anything special to upgrading to keep those?

RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:21 am

You will also be pleasantly surprised at our upgrade pricing and policy.

Well, I certainly was surprised. I put in my Serial Number during the purchase process and got this:

"* The Coupon/Promotional Code you have entered is invalid. Please try again. "

(The same Serial Number was accepted in the Help/Update process.)

What have I done to offend the Plugin gods this time?

Ron

Postby -default » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:26 am

Hi Ron -

The plugin god's dislike hyphens - this is causing headaches for a lot of people.  If it still rejects your number, I've provided an upgrade version that you can buy directly, and your serial number will be manually verified.

Mike

Postby -default » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:28 am

Do the old Pin files, like the Paint Chip Pins, work with CM3? Is there anything special to upgrading to keep those?

Hi Clyde,

Yes, the pin file format is the same.  The quickest way to  to manually copy them to the new pin file location. 

There is also a registry entry that you can change if you want to share pins with Curvemeister 2.  Let me know if you'd like to do it that way and I'll chase down the name of the registry key.

Mike

RonBoyd

Postby RonBoyd » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:32 am

Hi Ron -

The plugin god's dislike hyphens - this is causing headaches for a lot of people.  If it still rejects your number, I've provided an upgrade version that you can buy directly, and your serial number will be manually verified.

Mike

Oh! That was too quick. I, in the meantime, went back and found that once I cleared the box that asked for the Serial Number, I was able to proceed. So I was able to order and will now wait for the instructions on the "manual" process. I have not downloaded the "demo" version... should I?

Ron

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:32 am

Hi Mike!

Awesome looking new interface, and some very neat and useful features like masking that I'll get into very quickly.  I did order the CM3 using the CM2 code, but I'm still in "demo" mode.  I haven't gotten a new serial number yet (just ordered it), nor did I see a "register" button in the help menu as in CM2.  I presume this information is forthcoming.  You've outdone yourself!

Postby -default » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:56 am

Thanks, Mike, I appreciate it.

I have had to back out, rather hurriedly, from an automated system for sending people updates.  Your serial number and download should be on its way soon.

Keep me posted - I particularly value your comments on ways to improve the product.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:53 am

Wow Wow Wow - absolutely fantastic Mike - you have done an awesome job
Thank you
Chris

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”