Beta version 2.4 is here

New versions of Curvemeister, including bug fixes and features, are discussed here.

Postby -default » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:20 am

The beta 2.4 release is available for Curvemeister owners. Please try it out and let me know of any problems, by emailing support@curvemeister.com, or posting here.
[download beta 2.4]

Features and Fixes:

• Fixed a problem with pin grid distorting the lower left half of the curve when grid squares = 9.
  • Added a user option to support soft proofing.
  • Improved the user interface of the saturation slider.
  • Removed the minimize and maximize buttons from the Curve Window.
  • Use Photoshop's checkerboard transparency display to display transparent areas.
  • Save the location of the sample palette windows.
  • Keep separate track of folders for saving and loading curve files, sample files, and pin files.
  • Fixed a problem with changing Pin mode from "hue/sat" to "neutral".
  • Added support for threshold highlighting when moving thresholds in wgCYMK and CMYK mode.
  • Add support for CurveGuard when using the arrow keys
  • Fixed a problem that prevented certain images, such as panoramas, from being viewed and scrolled to in Curvemeister

Thanks to Mike Davis, Frits Egelie, Derek Fountain, Greg Groess, Demyn Plantenberg, and others for reporting the bugs and suggesting features.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 pm

Thanks Mike...
Sounds like you have been very busy....

When you get a chance...ya right...could you write a quick widget that extracts the SN to the desktop without opening PS and then CM.  I like your SN validation page...but when I go there I always forget to bring the SN out first.  If you add a tool to the start menu items that brings the "about box" up that would be helpful

Greg

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Mike I just tested the "windows flag key-m" to minimize Photoshop with CM open...in Windows VISTA...

NOT GOOD....

It feels like CM is not allowing PS to get control from the OS.  I can see the window when I use the "window key -tab" function. 
But I cannot select the PS window on the task bar, I cannot maximize it,  I am able to stop it in task manager or switch back to it but the current build still behaves the same as the last one...

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks Mike...
Sounds like you have been very busy....

When you get a chance...ya right...could you write a quick widget that extracts the SN to the desktop without opening PS and then CM.  I like your SN validation page...but when I go there I always forget to bring the SN out first.  If you add a tool to the start menu items that brings the "about box" up that would be helpful

Greg

Great idea - I'll take a look at how hard this would be.

Postby -default » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:05 pm

Mike I just tested the "windows flag key-m" to minimize Photoshop with CM open...in Windows VISTA...

NOT GOOD....

It feels like CM is not allowing PS to get control from the OS.  I can see the window when I use the "window key -tab" function. 
But I cannot select the PS window on the task bar, I cannot maximize it,  I am able to stop it in task manager or switch back to it but the current build still behaves the same as the last one...

Greg

Hmmm - I'll need to put in some time trying to duplicate this one.  I hope it's not a Vista specific problem, since I don't yet have Vista on any of my systems.  If anyone else can get this to happen on XP or Win 2000 that would be helpful.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 pm

still happens in XP as well....

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:14 pm

Frits has reported that floating neutrals no longer "float".  

I'm planning a new release in the next few days to address this problem, and any others that turn up.

If anyone else has run into the problem Greg reports with the Windows-M key please let me know.  My guess is I have something configured differently on my system that prevents this bug from occurring.

Return to “Announcements and New Versions”