Digital Film Tools: Photocopy Plug-in

Found a useful program you'd like to share with others? Commercial announcements are fine, but please keep it brief.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 am

I just received word of this plug-in (www.digitalfilmtools.com/photocopy), and thought that some on the forum would find it interesting.

From the plug-in's webpage:
We have painstakingly analyzed the brightness, color, tone, detail, grain and texture of some of the world's greatest movies, paintings, photographs and historical photographic processes. The DNA of these masterpieces can now be applied to your very own images with PhotoCopy.

Features:

• Select from 40 photographs by various masters of photography including Abbott, Andreev, Cunningham, Fenton, Nadar, Outerbridge, Stieglitz and Weston.

• Try one of 30 historical processes, some of which are Ambrotype, Cyanotype, Liquid Emulsion, Kallitype, Palladium, Salt Print, Vandyke and Wet Plate.

• Create custom presets from your own images.

The plug-in works with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture. It seems a lot like one of the technologies that Adobe are working on at the moment (www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php/topic,3314.0.html); the historical processes though - they fill a niche that I've not seen other applications/plug-ins try to address...

If anyone gives it a try I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. :)

Cheers,
Lee.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Lee,
There is a process in PSE where you take your image into the editor and then you can apply a PhotoMerge Style to it...In the PhotoMerge Bin you can have any picture.  Yours, Ansel Adams, Mine Anyones...then you open your image and then select the style source from.  The program does the rest...If you have PSE 8; I think or 9 for certain this is part of the program..  It is under "New>PhotoMerge Style"

Greg

Return to “Software”