NEAT Video

Found a useful program you'd like to share with others? Commercial announcements are fine, but please keep it brief.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue May 08, 2007 4:35 pm

You know Fritz, I'd have to say that the biggest problem with new product development is the cost of the development vs. the user base that wants it. Adobe has to make a profit or else they won't be here to support the programs that are good enough...

For Adobe, I have a strong feeling that with all the photo products out there, they are more interested in getting people to use the simple software.  The PSE PRE products are designed to be over simplified and also to serve as a gateway to the CS2 type products.  I pose the complication question a lot of the time during my testing..I want my 70 year old father to be able to use the program because...well he does use it.. 

There are many testers that dig deeply into the most obscure areas of the program.  They end up being dissatisfied with the process because they think that the "fixing" of the small problem is more important than what the overall goals of the process are.

Many upgrades are market driven.  That is the reality of the business aspect of this as well.  Adobe does not want you to have to upgrade, they want you to want to upgrade by bringing new ideas to market.  Sometimes they succeed    sometimes they fail .  I have been testing with them for 3 years and never have I felt that they were ignoring the users...Most of the upgrade ideas come out of the forums and from the professionals who teach.

It is also a sad reality that if Adobe does not come to market with a new version every year they risk being "stale"  many people attack companies for not being proactive enough. I know they are striking a balance and trying hard to "hear the people" on alot of stuff...

I know you might think I am a paid advert for Adobe but I think I am a realist in my expectations for the development process...Many ideas are added and a few really goods ones make it all the way to the end....If my ideas get the boot I'm ok with that...

I hate the upgrade process as much as you, and resist as long as I can, until the software I have can not produce the product I want then I go look and see what I can do about that....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Greg,

very nice spoken!
I have no realy comment on it.
Only a bit thoughts about it.

I am 65 and there where days ( old days) that banks had no interest in your and my money.
I get my salary in a envelope once a week.
Once they see the light and have understand that lots small money make a moutain.

About this way it was and is with software and computers.
When software has a reasonable price they gain a lot of money.
So also ADOBE.
I rember me the time that such prgrs  costs 40.000 dollars.
Make it cheap and lots of people have profit of it.

A small example: I use Steady Hand for anti shaking in my movies. I have payed about 60 euro's.
But I like to have STEADY move from 2D3.com.
But that prgr costs 499 dollars. to expensive !
I have tried the demo months ago, but not convinced it is better.
Why? The demo is to small to see the effect very well.
So, I find that this company ask to much.  They have a monopoly on it.

So there are lots of prgrs to work on for photo's.
So there is plenty money to get.
So I have no pity with Adobe.

frits

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue May 08, 2007 6:17 pm

oh, I have no pity for them either...

Don't even get me started on Microsoft....I guess I just wanted you to know that the process is open to you if you want to be included.  Most of the time you need to ask, be willing to be interviewed, and put forth the time to try to make a difference...

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 08, 2007 6:27 pm

oh, I have no pity for them either...

Don't even get me started on Microsoft....I guess I just wanted you to know that the process is open to you if you want to be included.  Most of the time you need to ask, be willing to be interviewed, and put forth the time to try to make a difference...

Greg

Greg,
it looks attractively !
But here in holland , we are very rational.
I think , it costs me a lot of time!
So I think,  I must thank you for this offer.
Perhaps next time.

When I am in town, this week or next, I buy the Adobe suite.

Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Greg,

I was forgotten this:
You have a very nice wide screen to look at.
How many inch ..21---22---23 --24 --- count up

he is left of---->
Frits

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue May 08, 2007 7:51 pm

I have a 22" widescreen...

I used to have a 21" CRT...anything else just seemed small....
I really love my widescreen....

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 08, 2007 8:00 pm

GREG,

with DVI, I guess!

Frits

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue May 08, 2007 8:02 pm

actually no DVI...

Maybe someday.... :(

Got to have goals I guess

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue May 08, 2007 8:12 pm

GREG,

DVI is much much better. from Babylon 6: Digital Visual Interface
DVI (Digital Visual Interface) is ontworpen in 1998 door DDWG (Digital Display Working Group).

Iwas looking on Dutch sites about Premiere Elements 3.0

Perhaps i go waiting: the patch 3,02 has more then 100  improvements.
Nice. but the clou is, this patch comes not to the dutch version but o nthe next upgrade.

that is what i mean with upgrades ...............
http://www.videomontageforum.nl/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=elements&Number=109298&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue May 08, 2007 8:16 pm

is yours a Dutch install or German??

See Screen shot...

Return to “Software”