CS3 beta

Found a useful program you'd like to share with others? Commercial announcements are fine, but please keep it brief.

Postby -default » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:58 pm

The Photoshop CS3 beta is a free download.  If you are an owner of CS2, the beta will be good until the actual release of CS3 next year - not bad! 

Features include (from the Photoshop Wiki):

• Revised user interface

• Feature additions to Adobe Camera RAW

• Quick Select tool

• Alterations to

Curves, Vanishing Point, Channel Mixer, Brightness and Contrast, and the Print dialog
  • Black-and-white conversion adjustment

• Auto Align and Auto Blend

• Smart (non-destructive) Filters

• Mobile device graphic optimization

• Improvements to cloning and healing

• For everyone else, the beta will work for two days, giving you a quick peek only.

Curvemeister works fine with CS3.

Mike

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Late reply here, just noticed an "error" in browsing some older posts.

Mike says the CS3 beta only works for 2 days.  My copy is working until sometime in March when the official copy is on sale.  Yes, Curvemeister does work in CS3 with no problems.

I did note that, although I prefer viewing images with the gray background, that you must be in "window" mode in CS3 in order to use the Curvemeister window for droppers, etc.  No big deal, just changes my workflow a bit.

Postby -default » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Yes, if you have CS2 the beta works until the final release of CS3.

Re Curvemeister not working correcting in non window mode, I regard this as a bug, and will see about fixing it.  Is this CS3 only?

Mike

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:39 am

Uh, well .... I haven't used CS2 for a while but I think it is the same.  If you open Curvemeister after you have imported an image (or after you have toggled the "F" key to the gray background - non-windowed display) and then open Curvemeister, the top menu bar does not show for Curvemeister.  I just remember to open in window mode (default for CSx) open Curvemeister, make my adjustments, then go to the full screen/gray background display after closing CM.  I'm not sure I'd call that a "bug".  How would you display the Curvemeister menu if CSx is hogging the entire display space?  BTW, I have the curve windows moved to my 2nd monitor so they aren't covering my image.

Postby -default » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 pm

Under CS2, curvemeister just shows its tabs and menus around the outer edge of the visible image area.  YMMV depending on screen size.  I'll see if this is different under CS3 - I don't have the beta installed at the moment but plan to install it soon. - Mike

mdavis

Postby mdavis » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:37 am

In CS3, there are now 4 screen modes using the "F" key:
    Standard
    Maximized
    Full Screen with Menu Bar
    Full screen

In Standard mode, you have a regular Window with the top window border (forget what it's officially called .. the bar you use to drag the window around)
    Maximized shows the image centered with grayed-out scroll bars visible until needed in a larger image
    Full Screen with Menu Bar displays the CS3 top menu bar and the tool bar with the image on a gray background
    Full Screen shows a black background and only the tool bar

Return to “Software”