Keepass - password software

Found a useful program you'd like to share with others? Commercial announcements are fine, but please keep it brief.

Postby -default » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:36 am

If you have problems keeping separate passwords for all the web sites, etc, that you join, KeePass is a free utility that will keep track of them for you, and do so securely.

KeePass is a free download from:
http://keepass.sourceforge.net/

It's become something that I can't live without.  Particularly for financial accounts, it is important to use hard to guess passwords, to change your password, and to avoid sharing passwords between sites. KeePass makes all these things easier to do, and it's free!

Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Mike,
I have had some experienc withe this software and compared it with Ai-roboform.
The last one is not for free, but it is much much better.
So I used a old free Trial version AI-roboform several years. But the limmit was 30 passcards.
So, I found it always a gooood prgr and I have byied it last  year.
So, It could not als keep your passwords but does a lot more.
For instance when I would go to the curvmeistercommunity I jump to the Icon, from Roboform in the taskbar and rightclick on that. So I see a list of all my web contacts and more.
I choose curvemeister and jump to the comunity.
Would i like to do my finance I choose another one.
Before Roboform really works you must give a masterpasword, and you cna do what you like.

For a half year ago, I had Keepass. So i compared both programs throughly and find out that.
Ai-robororm is much better.
The only thing where keepass is better then Roboform is holding of financial keynumbers.
Let me explain.
When I do  a financial transaction on my bank-account  then you must give on a certain moment a special keynumber from a list.
Which number you must give, the bnak tells you and  you can give it by hand from that list, what the bank has given you once.
But it is nice possible to scan once the whole list with those numbers in your computer and do a OCR perhaps.
Then export it to Keepass.
Then you are ready.
When I do now a financial transaction, after jumping in my bankaccount with AI-roboform, then  I started als keepass.
when I have said up the transaction and there is asking for a keynumber, I look in the tabel in keepass and drag it to my transaction.
So keepass do this nice. Other use is less innovative them Roboform.

another use off Roboform is for instance automatic fiil in big screen fields.
Example: I complain often to a gouvernement about the airplanes who flight right ove my home.
I can live with that , but not after 22:00H. So I complain.
I must fill in al lot of text. So I have automated that. They did 't to.
The only thing that I must change in the formular is the time and day.

So trie the trial version of Roboform.  I had a version with 30 passcard.
the new trial version only 10 pascards.
when you like it , I will search my cd's or I had the old trial verson.

Very nice program that Ai-roboform.
The adress is http://www.roboform.com/

Frits

Postby -default » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:39 am

Thanks, Frits.  Roboform looks like an interesting program that is capable of filling in forms, as well as keeping track of login passwords.    Can you put all the info on a flash drive as well?

I think most of us are in the position now of needing software to keep track.  login names and passwords.  On my next trip I plan to put a copy of my keepass file on each of my camera flash cards, so that I can access financial accounts, etc, while on the road. - Mike

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:39 am

Thanks, Frits.  Roboform looks like an interesting program that is capable of filling in forms, as well as keeping track of login passwords.    Can you put all the info on a flash drive as well?

I think most of us are in the position now of needing software to keep track.  login names and passwords.  On my next trip I plan to put a copy of my keepass file on each of my camera flash cards, so that I can access financial accounts, etc, while on the road. - Mike

Mike, I am sure you can put it on a flash drive.  The roboform information I mean.
the database of it is in a separated map that has  a automated name "MyRoboform data" and in my case it is 900 kb big.  It is protected with a master password. But if you like you can give each "passgard"  another password.
But I said it earlier roboform can do a lot more then Keepass.
It fills indeed forms. It reads a "form" and remembers and knows what to fill in there.
But you need somewhere a computer with roboform on it.

(I  think that for easy use, you can better use "locknote". That is  a standalone small 296 kb prg what is a simple .txt note prgr in which you store basis numbers and text. No formating , nothing, only numbers and txt.
But it has a very strong encryption 256 xxx. in itself.  It is inclosed the "locknote".
But again you need a computer to use it. if you like, I will send you locknote!)

I have the plan to place a "copy"picture of my Identitity which also is a piece of roboform to place on this site.
Of course  I must fake all the numbers you see there.
so you have a example of the possibilities what it can do for you.

Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:58 am

Mike,
a couple of picture to get  a impression.
All what yoy have on  numbers personal notes, information, you have a field in the passcard.
Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:01 am

Mike,
a couple of picture to get  a impression.
All what yoy have on  numbers personal notes, information, you have a field in the passcard.
Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:03 am

Mike,
All what yoy have on  numbers personal notes, information, you have a field in the passcard.
Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:03 am

Mike,
Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:14 am

Mike,

when I on the web and there comes on a page with something to fill in, Roboform  "fill in" automaticly comes up, when he recognizes the page.
You can fill in automaticly. when you click on the fill in form.
you can also automaticly go to a website with wich you need a password or something.
the first time you make a passcard and after that each time you will jump to that webpage you only look in you Roboform table and click on it.

Frits

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:22 am

http://locknote.steganos.com

is the adress of the free very good and simple to use "locknote"

Frits

Return to “Software”