Installing Curvemeister 3 into Photoshop CS6

This board is for new users looking for some help between the Curvemeister classes.
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi guys!  Today I received Photoshop CS6 in the mail, so I installed it and when I installed Curvemeister 3.41 (64 bit), it didn't show up in Photoshop, even though the install seemed to go okay.(I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit).  I figured that I'd just copy the 8BF file from the Curvemeister folder and paste it in the Photoshop/plugins/filters folder, but there is no filters folder in CS6, so I just pasted it into the plugins folder and that did the trick.

If you don't know where the Curvemeister folder is, go to  C:program files (x86)curvemeister3 and click on curvemeister 3.  There is a file called curvemeister 3 that has as it's file type 8BF.  Copy this file, then paste it into the Photoshop CS6 plugins folder.

I just thought that I'd mention this in case anyone else had a problem installing Curvemeister into CS6. :)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 am

If you more the 64 bit plug in to the...
C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)RequiredPlug-InsFilters
It will run just fine...
Did you download Version 3.4.1??

It should install correctly
Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 am

I installed version 3.4.1 and it is working just fine in Win 7 64 and PS CS6

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri May 11, 2012 8:09 pm

When I downloaded and installed Curvemeister 3.4.1, I couldn't find it in CS6.  The install said that the installation went okay, but I wasn't able to find it so I just copied it to the plugins folder and it worked okay.  After reading Greg's post, I decided to copy it again and post it into the folder that he mentioned.

It always bugs me when they constantly change folders in a program.  In Photoshop, it was always the plugins/filters folder....now it's under the "Required" folder.....as if they just want to confuse people. ???

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri May 11, 2012 9:53 pm

They do have a way of being annoying....
Glad it's working for you now....

Greg

Return to “Help Me! I'm new and I need some help”