Pins problem

This board is for new users looking for some help between the Curvemeister classes.
Niels Rasmussen

Postby Niels Rasmussen » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 am

Hello everyone. I recently updated my CM to v3.3.5 and (aside from some teething problems) everything works fine. However, I don't seem to be able to save my pins. I'm entering them exactly as I did on my old version, but when I exit CM and then re-open they disappear! Hope you can help. Many thanks, Niels Rasmussen

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Hello Niels,
Sorry about the delayed response...

Check to see if the pins file you are trying to add to is "Read Only"  sometimes older installs left the pin files set that way in windows properties.  If you set the file to full access you should be able to save your pins.

Greg

Niels Rasmussen

Postby Niels Rasmussen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Mike, the only pin file I could find was in C/documents and settings/all users/application data/curvemeister.com/curvemeister3 elements/library.... Is this the right place to look? I couldn't find anything in program files. The file was marked as read only, but when I unchecked the box and hit apply, it just reverted back to 'read-only'! I am named as administrator for the PC so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll keep trying. Regards, Niels Rasmussen

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Are you using XP or Vista or Win 7?  Each one has it's own special placement for the pins files...

Greg

Niels Rasmussen

Postby Niels Rasmussen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi Greg, I'm using XP. Many apologies, I've been calling you Mike!

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:10 pm

no apology required...I have been known to answer to many different names...
On my XP system the pins files are located in...

C:WINNTProfilesAll UsersApplication DataCurvemeister.comCurvemeister_3Swatches

If you are the only user your path may start out differently but then should follow the path from "Curvemeister.com" forward to the files.  Your path may show Curvemeister_3_Elements instead of the Curvemeister_3.

Greg

Return to “Help Me! I'm new and I need some help”