january 25th julie

Postings related to the semi-weekly discussion group.
julie

january 25th julie

Postby julie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:24 am

Hi
i have had pretty bad jet lag on my return and so have no done much with my images yet
here a a few for discussion
Attachments
switzerland-331-Edit.jpg
switzerland-130-Edit.jpg
switzerland-124-Edit.jpg
switzerland-123-Edit.jpg

julie

Re: january 25th julie

Postby julie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:34 pm

hi
Attachments
instagram poster 2.jpg

Ganna

Postby Ganna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 am

Julie, I looked at a tutorial of Scott Kelby, made a few years ago. (think was for Lr 5 but should still apply)
You can make your template either in Lightroom or in Photoshop. In Photoshop start with new canvass and set the size, resolution 240
Now you can place as many images as you want.. time consuming.
In Lightroom, choose images you want to use and put it in a collection. Select the photos and go to print module. Choose the page size (left)
In page layout column (right) set you rows and columns, size, space in between etc. Print this as a jpeg file and save. Go to Library module and re-import, save page to your presets ie under Book module and drop your images in. Can also select a custom preset go to Auto Layout and Edit the Auto Layout and save as your new one.
When image in a cell you don't like, simple drop right one on top. Will replace previous one.
Hope this help
Regards

julie

Postby julie » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:27 am

this helps a lot. I used lightroom print module and it was pretty easy until I wanted to change an image. I didn't know you could just drop one in. I deleted and that deleted the cell and i couldn't figure out how to replace the cell. ended up putting a couple of more layers in with one image in each in the right place. I have saved the template so it should be easier next year. i have seen the print unframed and am really pleased with it.

Julie

Return to “Discussion Group”