Video and materials for Curvemesiter session, Friday Nov 11, 2011

Postings related to the semi-weekly discussion group.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:19 am

Mike,
Thanks...It is my sincere hope that we continue our policy of no flame posts allowed...

Ganna,
I certainly hope you do not find insult in my comment it was "Ahhh"... as in wonderful effort... not Arrrgh as in what have you done...If you have issue with my comments please feel free to let me know...

Headlights,
I would never bash someone's efforts.  If you miss-understood my comment I understand;  I am not always the most clear in my writing.
Just so you know why I post the way I do...

I teach the CM 101 class; I have taught many many people to use Curvemeister and Photoshop.  I help people by encouraging them to try new techniques and pointing out the problems I find in the images as they are posted.  I always try to post a solution or ask others to help when I have no solution.  I have never claimed to be the best Photoshop user nor have I ever told anyone that they are a poor user. 

I would defend your efforts as much as criticize them so long as the both of us get better at the tools we are trying to master.  I sincerely hope you stay in the forum and continue to ask questions.  I fear that some of the language issues you have talked about are part of the miss-understanding and I am willing to keep trying to work through those. 

Respectfully,
Greg

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 am

Greg, I never take offence in your comments. I believe that by submitting my efforts, you will always give me an honest opinion and that is the only way I can learn and better myself. I do not ever see this as an attack on me personally.  If one do not like to be subject to others opinion, then please stay away. By the way, I saw your Ahh as a pat on my back :). Thank you for your time and honesty always and Greg please you have my geniune permission to tear my efforts apart if it need be, or else I will be under a false impression concerning the quality. Keep up the good work mate; you and Mike are being appreciated and your comments seen as pearls.

sjordan93436

Postby sjordan93436 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:50 am

My two cents, if you want praise look into a mirror or find a toadie friend.  If you want abuse, you can post a picture at xxxx website.  If you want constructive criticism to get better, Gregg is great.

Disagree with his opinions, fine.  Ignore them, fine.  There are dozens of ways to fix photos, I like the CM way and appreciate Gregg.

Please don't bash Gregg or others in this forum.  There was a student on one of these classes.  Nice guy but did not "get it" swore up and down that he would never "get it."  Gregg was _very_ patient. 

Return to “Discussion Group”