Curvemeister Discussion Group

Postings related to the semi-weekly discussion group.
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Everyone:
Next Friday September 30th at 11:00 AM CDT USA I will be hosting a 1 hour screen share and discussion via the web for anyone interested in participating.

To find out what time that is locally for you got to
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html  and select Chicago as the first city; then select your closest match for the second city and you will see a table that shows the local time for you.

Things you need to have in place to be a part of the discussion:

1) You need Skype downloaded and installed.

• I will need your user name to add you to the conference call.

• You can mail it to me at greg@curvemeister.com

2) You will need to download a web widget from Mikogo to run the viewer that allows you to see my screen.

• You will need to go to go.mikogo.com and enter your first name and the session ID I will give you via Skype

• You then need to select the "Connection Program" option.
  • This will download a small .exe file that runs the viewer on your desktop.
  •  
  • Save the program to your desktop and run it from there.

Here is what we will be doing:

1) You will see my screen as I work on images.
2) You will be able to ask questions and discuss items.
3) You will be able to watch the session in playback later(hopefully; I am still testing that one.)

Things to consider:

1) There is a slight lag between my screen and when yours will update. I will do my best to work slow enough so that you can stay caught up.
2) I will work on at least 1 image. I would prefer if it was one that was sent to me by someone in the conference call before Friday.
3) We will be discussing other things besides Curvemeister.  Curvemeister is a large part of my workflow but other areas are open for discussion and possible teaching.

This week:
1) Ground Rules:  How I would like to see this work...
2) Your thoughts and questions
3) At least one image.  Please send me one or two you would like to work on.

Lastly,
I would like to make this an on-gong discussion. This is the first of I hope a weekly or semi-weekly discussion group meeting.  I want this to spill over to the forum so that we can re-invigorate it and get some discussion going on about other topics that interest all of us.

I look forward to talking to you.
Greg

imported_julie

Postby imported_julie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi Greg

I have been on a holiday and not checking curvemeister so I missed this. I would love the opportunity to do this. The time difference (I live in Australia)  makes it a little interesting but as long as its a Friday I can do it, as I don't work on Saturdays.

I managed to watch all of the Tour de France (although I looked like a zombie by the end of it) so one late night session occasionally will not kill me.

I have been continuing to hone my skills but will never be an expert. I have been using BTN a lot as I find it gives me a very good starting point for any other corrections. Sometimes it is all I need! But I would like to ask some questions about this technique.

I have also become much more confident in using layer masks which has opened up so many options.

looking forward to hearing from you
Julie Moltmann

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Julie,
Greetings! 
I am open to moving the time frame around a bit to help people see the conferences and to facilitate broader discussion.
Topic suggestions are always welcome. 

Please watch the replay link found in the other thread.
Greg

Rickypics

Postby Rickypics » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello Greg, It has been a while since I have been here. Nice to be home again. :)

I am interested in watching the "recording" of your live sessions. It is not possible for me to partake in the original screening, I wish I could.
Do you have the technology worked out for us to see what you have done so far?
Are the "re-runs" available and if so how do I view them? I would be happy to donate a couple of bucks to help defray any costs at your end.

Thanks Greg, I hope you see enough interest to stay with the idea of the live lessons.

Thanks guys,

Rick

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Rick they are linked in the forum threads...

Greg

Postby -default » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:01 pm

I have changed the curvemeister skype account to accept *all* incoming calls, so there is no longer any need for me to pre-register you for you to participate.  If you do provide me with your skype contact information, I will initiate your connection at 9am tomorrow. 

Please call skype id curvemeister at 9am pacific time to participate in the online session.  I will also try to record the session for those of you who can't make it.

Mike

Postby -default » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Please also review Greg's instructions at the top of this thread to see how to use Mikogo, the screen sharing software that we will use in addition to skype.

imported_ganna

Postby imported_ganna » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:54 am

Mike, sorry for my ignorance, but is the "9am" you referring to the same as 11am CDT USA time or 4pm GMT? (That is then 6pm South African time)

Rickypics

Postby Rickypics » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:03 am

Wish I could but it is not possible for me to get it together for a live attend for another month. During the interim I plan on watching the past recorded sessions. Glad I found this in the recent newsletter.

Postby -default » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 am

Here's a reference showing various times in different cities. 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

The session tomorrow will be 09:00 San Francisco time.

Return to “Discussion Group”