Color hue spread

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
stuarta

Color hue spread

Postby stuarta » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:00 pm

I am one of the 8% of males who has mild deuteranomaly colorblindness. It means that the green cones sensitivities are shifted slightly, upsetting the delicate ratios between colors. I have noticed that in the red-orange-yellow-green portion of the spectrum, the colors seem "closer together", so I don't separate them as well, especially when they are mixed with natural muted tones. On the other hand, I see green, cyan, and blue as slightly more expanded. I can distinguish subtle variations between these colors more readily than "normal" people. "Kentucky Blue Grass" has poignant meaning to me, because grass and trees can have a wild variety of hues of yellowish-green, green and bluish-green. This fascination with color spread has led me to experiment with it. With Curvemeister I sometimes "spread out" these differences. I like to do this too with warm tones, like the various hues of rock and mountains, as in the photo attached, which exaggerates the differences between browns, reds, and grays of the landscape at Capitol Reef National Park, in Utah. A fantastically exaggerated treatment is the mountain in Moab Utah
Capitol Reef 91.jpg
Capitol Reef
Moab 258.jpg
Moab Utah

Ganna

Re: Color hue spread

Postby Ganna » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 am

I cannot do without Curmeister for one reason, because of the ability it gives to "spread" colours

Return to “Interesting Images”