A New Adventure in Printing...

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:17 am

An interesting thing has happened to me this week and I think it is the start of a new adventure.
On Thursday evening I received a phone call from an old friend with an offer I could just not turn down.  He was going to Give me a Epson Stylus 3800 Pro Printer and a bunch of Photo paper ranging form 8X10 up to 17X22 inches.

A little back story here...
Bruce is an old friend who is functionally color blind and I taught him how to use Curvemeister to do color correction for the rest of the world not just himself.  In his long and satisfying career as a semi Pro photographer he took thousands of images and I guess I was pretty influential in his color correction.  Bruce would print at home and this was his printer.  Over the last 2 years he has used it less and less to the point where he decided to get rid of it.  Rather than send it to Craig's list hell he called me and asked if I was interested.  I said yes. 

I have moved this very large printer into my computer room and I have begun working on getting it back into printing shape.  It has a few minor issues and needs some TLC and a few new ink cartridges. So, I invite you along on this new journey and I will be cross posting to the Curvemeister.com Blog as I figure out how to make this printer work and use it to create prints...I hope...

Greg

Return to “Interesting Images”