CM101 Class

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 pm

I must be an elitist...I could not watch more than 3 minutes of either of these.

Uggh. no wonder everyone says Photoshop is hard...fast talking jibberish...

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Everyone,
We are going to look into changing the classes so that we can see a "session at a time" rather than the whole class as a unit.  I want to assure you all that this fits the 201 class model better and we are still going to have the weekly conference call.  It will mean some changes but we hope that they are for the better.

Thanks for your help and understanding.  Sigh...more re-writes...
Greg

imported_artmar

Postby imported_artmar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:36 pm

Re -- the videos.

That's the point I was trying to make!
The question that we need to address is: how can CM become desirable for people to buy and learn in a world in which these guys are hugely popular and considered the "experts"?

I think that dismissing them outright is to dismiss the issue that you raised in your initial post.
They're your competition. They're why folks are not signing up for CM 101.

I think one approach would be to make a video, or videos, showing the limitations of the techniques that they're espousing.  (Just the way you want to spend your time, right  ::)

Cheers,
Art

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Well...I have put a lil something out there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_c3WyXrEk

Doug.S

Postby Doug.S » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:18 pm

For new users to CM I'd think CM101 would be very handy....I have no feel for how many new users there are and would expect maybe 20% would take a class.  I try to promote CM to others because it is so very valuable. OTOH, there are not many die hard color correction/image improvement Ps users....and those (on PCs) probably have found and use CM already.

Having used CM for quite a while, I'm not interested in CM 101 but rather perhaps a much more advanced grad studies level class...to learn techniques not obvious; such as the one video of CM I saw that emulates/does something similar to PPW Man from Mars (adding/boosting color variation; controlled and different than increasing saturation).

Doug.S

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Doug,
The 201 class is nearly ready...I know we have been promising that for a while but my beta readers are waiting for the last week to be finished and then we rub some serious polish into it and go for a first class.

Stay tuned...

Greg

Return to “Interesting Images”