Color Uncovered

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Those of you flush enough to own an iPad  ;) might find this interesting - The Exploratorium (a museum of science, art, and human perception located in San Francisco) have just released a free interactive eBook for the iPad, called 'Color Uncovered'.

From their webpage:
When is yellow yellower than yellow? What color is a whisper? What's missing from the palette of Renaissance painters?

Explore the surprising side of color with Color Uncovered, an interactive book for the iPad, featuring fascinating illusions, articles, and videos developed by the Exploratorium.

There's a broad spectrum of colorful surprises in store that focus on the art, physics, and psychology of color. In keeping with our hands-on spirit, there are also a few color activities you can conduct yourself using your iPad and simple items you have at home: a CD case, a drop of water, and a piece of paper. You'll never look at color the same way again.

I don't have an iPad (despite dropping innumerable hints), so I don't know how good this book is. Perhaps someone could download it and report back?

Alternatively, being that they're in San Francisco, perhaps Mike could go round there and rough them up until they put the content on their website  ;)

If you'd like to get a copy of the book, their website is here: http://www.exploratorium.edu/downloads/coloruncovered/

Enjoy,
Lee.

Postby -default » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 pm

The exploratorium is one of my favorite places on earth.  I'll be going there on Wed and will raise a ruckus on Lee's behalf.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks Mike ;) So good to have friends in high places ;D

Return to “Interesting Images”