Lagom monitor test

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...

Postby -default » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:04 am

Check this out - a sequence of images that can help to indicate the characteristics of your monitor.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

I was surprised to find that one of my monitors had a defect that could be easily fixed by changing the refresh rate.

One word of warning - don't take the limitations of your monitor too seriously.  With Curvemeister, the numeric readouts and hue clock are about as important as the appearance of the image on your monitor.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Very interesting. With it I found out that my Samsung SyncMaster 245T is a very good monitor. OK, I knew that, but it's nice to have it verified. My gamma setting wasn't the 2.2 they recommend, but it's where I like it. Other than that, everything was spot on.

Thanks,
Clyde

PS - Yeah, I do have my monitor calibrated with my DataColor Spyder2.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:13 am

Oh dear, Just tried to "calibrate" my monitor and it proved beyond any doubt that I'm in desperate need of an upgrade. Been thinking about it for some time and this is just the proof I needed
___________________________________________________________________________________________
consumer debt relief | Translation Service London

Postby -default » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Well, don't let a "tool" be the sole determining force in whether you should upgrade your monitor or not.

That said, all the best to you, and let us know what you end up buying.

Return to “Interesting Images”