Curvemeister 64

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:56 pm

How is 64 bit progressing?

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi JIm,
Mike has a 64 bit version but.....
There have been some installer problems...

I'm sure he will chime in here with a more formal answer...

Greg

Postby -default » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi Jim (and Greg),

The main issue with 64 bit is getting the installer to work on all configurations of windows.  Since I have not yet done this, 64 bit (and the coresponding 32 bit version) are still in beta after a number of months.

Jim,  I can't tell from your previous posts whether you've installed the 64 bit beta or not.  Please let me know if you tried it, and whether it worked normally, or if you had problems.  The link is
http://curvemeister.com/downloads/cm3_beta/64bit.htm

Thanks.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:41 am

How about returning to the halcyon days of copy-plugin-to-plugin-folder installation? Aren't most CM users computer-savvy enough to handle that trivial task? Yes, we are! It's tragic to think you, Mike, should waste your colorful brains on lowly installer issues -- instead of cranking out code to improve Curvemeister itself!

Postby -default » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:44 am

I agree completely, but I also think that an installer is a necessity when several components are involved in a product.  In the case of Curvemeister, registering the .ocx file that provides the curve control is the problem, rather than the plugin itself.

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Mike,

I've absolutely no luck in installing the 64 bit version.  I tried the latest version installing it as the administrator and no matter what I do it doesn't show up on the filters menu.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Gus

Hi Jim (and Greg),

The main issue with 64 bit is getting the installer to work on all configurations of windows.  Since I have not yet done this, 64 bit (and the coresponding 32 bit version) are still in beta after a number of months.

Jim,  I can't tell from your previous posts whether you've installed the 64 bit beta or not.  Please let me know if you tried it, and whether it worked normally, or if you had problems.  The link is

Thanks.

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 am

Gus,
Try turning off the UAC and re-booting...After that you might have to register the ocx file mike was talking about earlier...depending on the version of windows.

Greg

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 am

Hi
This is the first time I have tried to post to the forum so it may be all wrong.

I have been using Curvemeister 64 bit for several months using Photoshop CS4 extended running under Windows 7 Pro, 64bit.
There were some minor problems which did not really impact my use.  The Pin Grid did not work.  I do not use much of the capability of Curvemeister.  Pinning etc.  I really only use the LAB function.  A couple of weeks ago, I upgraded to Photoshop CS5, 64bit.  I coppied the Curvemeister.8bi from CS4 over to CS5.  It worked fine untill yesterday.  When I tried to call Curvemeister I got the message, "This beta product has expired  - - - Please contact Curvemeister.com for the latest version.
The Problem is that I cannot find the 64bit version available for download.  The other problem is that I really can't work without LAB and therefore Curvemeister.

Thanks
Erv Little

ervlittle@gmail.com

Postby -default » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 am

Hi Erv, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.  Version 3.2.3 of the 64 bit beta is now available in the download area:

You will be among the first people to try out this version of Curvemeister.  Please post here, or otherwise let me know, if this version installs and works with no problem

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi

Thanks Mike.

My setup is:
Intel I7-920 processor
Asus P6T Mobo
12 gig ram
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

I Downloaded the latest curvemeister 64.  When I installed it it could not uninstall the old version.  I am pretty sure that this was a problem with my system.
I ran Norton tools and it indicated a problem with the uninstall.  Anyway I uninstalled the old Curvemeister via the system uninstall.  I then installed the new Curvemeister 64 with no problem.  I still have Photoshop CS4 extended on the system and Curvemeister installed in CS4 just fine.  As the installer doesn't yet know about CS5, I coppied the .8bf file over to Photoshop CS5 extended and that worked fine.
I use Curvemeister mainly to access the LAB functions.  So far the only problem I have found is that the Pen Grid does not work.  If you don't make any adjustment then the Pen Grid works.  If you make any adjustment then do Pen Grid then the highlight end of the curve moves back to the highlight corner and puts one pen near the center point.  If I find anything else I will set you know.

My wishlist:  Curvemeister 4 will have a plug-in for Lightroom and work nondestructively in linear space.  (Say yes :))

Thanks Very Much.  Curvemeister is a great program.

Erv

Return to “Interesting Images”