Can Curvemeister be installed on PSE 4 & PSE5 at the same time?

Found an Interesting Image? Link it here...
mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:07 am

I have just installed PSE5 and until I learn to use it do not want to delete PSE4 off my computer.  Am I able to install Curvemeister on PSE5 while still having it installed on PSE4?  I started to do this and a box came up that informed me I should not have it installed twice on the computer.
Sorry for this question but I'm not real confident in the inner workings of my computer, LOL.  Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Paulette

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:21 am

I have just installed PSE5 and until I learn to use it do not want to delete PSE4 off my computer.  Am I able to install Curvemeister on PSE5 while still having it installed on PSE4?  I started to do this and a box came up that informed me I should not have it installed twice on the computer.
Sorry for this question but I'm not real confident in the inner workings of my computer, LOL.  Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Paulette

Yes it can....
Make sure you install it to the Plugins folder of both versions....I would just go ahead and remove PSE 4 and start from scratch on 5.  It will remember all your tags and stuff.. The DB is faster, leaps higher, and is new and improved with brighter whites and your colors look great.....

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:58 am

Thank you so much Greg.  I know that PSE4 should be un-installed, but I'm old and afraid of change (smile).
Paulette

BBushe

Postby BBushe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 pm

The DB is faster, leaps higher, and is new and improved with brighter whites and your colors look great.....

does that mean I can wash my clothes less often??!! :)

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:40 pm

The DB is faster, leaps higher, and is new and improved with brighter whites and your colors look great.....

does that mean I can wash my clothes less often??!! :)

Well you can but I bet people would talk.  I just finished as a Beta for 5.0 when that note was written.  The program is near and dear to my heart.  But even I hate the 4.0 version...ok..hate is kinda strong...there were significant regrets when the 4.0 beta closed....

mikemeister_admin

Postby mikemeister_admin » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:38 am

Greg,
  I just read an article in "Photoshop creative" describing the new PSE 5 and it's "Adjust Color Curve" feature.  How does it compare to curves or curvemeister?
        Barry

ggroess

Postby ggroess » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Barry so sorry to be so late with this...

Let's just say the Curvemeister is staying on my PC...
PSE gives you a set group of curves and you apply a "stock" curve to fix specific issues.  I personally did not like it but i had the freedom of Curvemeister to compare it...

Greg

Return to “Interesting Images”